A Parent and Toddler Group is an informal group within the local community, which provides an opportunity for young children and their parents/carers to meet. Parent and Toddler groups can be a great way of meeting other people with children the same age as yours in your area. While these were traditionally aimed at parents, they can include childminders, grandparents and other guardians.
Who runs the group? A voluntary committee of parents/carers is formed and officers (members with responsibilities) are elected/appointed. This committee oversees the smooth running of the group.
If you have any questions about setting up a Parent and Toddler Group, please contact us – tel. 01 8733696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for Parent and Toddler Group Grants 2023 are now open!
Following the announcement on Friday 10th March by the Minister for Children, Disability, Equality, Integration and Youth, Roderic O’Gorman, T.D., Parent and Toddler Groups are invited to make an application for funding under this Initiative through their local CCC.
The Minister has secured funding of €250,000, which will be allocated to Parent and Toddler Groups nationwide through local City/County Childcare Committees (CCCs). Press Release available here:
Grants will normally range from €100 to a total maximum of €1,400. New start up groups may apply for a grant of up to €1,100, existing P&T Groups can apply for up to €800.
As well as grants for existing and new P&T groups, an additional amount of up to €300 is available to provide an additional session. There is also a maximum of €300 available to operate/establish Buggy Walking Groups . Groups are advised to contact their local CCC for further information in respect to these two additional funding options.
Funding will be available for:
• Toys, equipment and books for indoor and outdoor activities, including children’s refreshments.
• Storage for equipment.
• Training for parents, e.g. paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses, facilitated sessions,
• Promotional Leaflets including any required translations.
• Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music.
• Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 40% of total funding for existing services.
• Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 70% of total funding for new services.
• An amount of up to €300 is available for the establishment of buggy walking groups, it is envisaged that these groups, once established, will involve groups of parents/guardians and children meeting for organised walks on a regular basis (a minimum of 6 walking sessions) in their local community.
• Additional funding is also available to groups offering additional sessions, this funding is primarily for, but not exclusively aimed at, the inclusion of recently arrived parents and children from Ukraine and families from other countries.
Please complete the application form below:
and return to:
Grants for Parent & Toddler Groups, Dublin City/County Childcare Committee,
Ocean House, Aran Quay, Dublin 7.
|REMEMBER||The closing date is 21st April 2023|
Please see the list below of Parent and Toddler groups operating in the Dublin City area.
If you wish to be added to this list or to update your details, please email email@example.com
087 9565 753