A Parent and Toddler Group is an informal group within the local community, which provides an opportunity for young children and their parents/carers to meet. Parent and Toddler groups can be a great way of meeting other people with children the same age as yours in your area. While these were traditionally aimed at parents, they can include childminders, grandparents and other guardians.
Who runs the group? A voluntary committee of parents/carers is formed and officers (members with responsibilities) are elected/appointed. This committee oversees the smooth running of the group.
If you have any questions about setting up a Parent and Toddler Group, please contact us – tel. 01 8733696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent and Toddler Groups are invited to make an application for funding under this initiative through their local Childcare Committee towards the costs of:
– toys, equipment and books for indoor and outdoor activities, children’s refreshments
– storage for equipment
– training for parents (eg. paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses, facilitated sessions)
– children’s activities (eg. arts and crafts, music)
– limited funding will be available towards insurance, rent or minor refurbishment
This year, 2 new funding streams are being introduced under Parent and Toddler Group Grants initiative:
– funding of up to €400 is available to establish and operate Buggy Walking Groups. These Buggy Walking Groups are organised social walks for parents/guardians and young children. The grant of up to €400 is open to any existing or new organisations or groups who wish to offer a minimum of six organised walks within their community
– funding of up to €400 is available for new or existing Parent and Toddler Groups to provide an additional session
Read the press release here:
For an application form, please email email@example.com
Further info: Cuidiu Dublin North East Facebook page.